A one man rant about novel writing, publishing, and other "artistic" pursuits.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

TWO BITS OF NEWS AND AN AFTERTHOUGHT

GODTALK

For the first time in my life I am able to say, "I just sent the book to New York."
The Serendipity Agency in Brooklyn sent me an e-mail awhile back expressing initial interest in Godtalk and asked if I would send the entire manuscript. I finished the revision I was working on and mailed it out over my Spring Break. It was very exciting

FLASH FICTION

I received a rejection from ThievesJargon for "Biker Bitch" that said the story "wasn't bad at all" and that they "nearly took this one." They also said they hoped I would send them something else in the future. Yes! I immediately sent the story back out--to WordRiot, I think.

POETRY (THE AFTERTHOUGHT)

Poetry will not leave me alone. I was just starting to send out some poems again when I took the class on Flash Fiction at the Writers Conference. But snail mail poetry submissions take some effort and I wanted to concentrate on my book and flash fiction, so I'd let it slide. Then it occurred to me that many of the on-line journals take poetry and, since it was just for fun, anyway, seeing my poems in an on-line journal was better than not seeing them published at all. I now have three submissions out (Dicey Brown, Kaleidowhirl, and Ghoti Magazine). We'll see what happens.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home