A one man rant about novel writing, publishing, and other "artistic" pursuits.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

IDENTITY CRISIS

My goal with publishing flash fiction on the internet, aside from just having fun and practicing the elements of fiction in a short and controlled space, was to create what some call a "web presence" as a writer. In case any agent or editor was curious who I was, for example, he or she would have instant access to my writing. When you Google my name, I want the first three pages to be ALL ABOUT ME AND MY STORIES!

That said, I have also, as I mentioned in the last post, begun sending out some poetry to these on-line venues. Here is the dilemma and a possible solution:

I don't necessarily want my "web presence" as a fiction writer disrupted by a bunch of poetry publications that are also in the Google mix. Therefore (here's the potential solution), I am using "Daniel Tricarico" as my by-line for the fiction and "D.L. Tricarico" as my by-line for the poetry. I'm hoping that will cause a distinction in any search engine that tries to locate my stuff. If I start to place some poems and they come up when I Google "Daniel Tricarico," I will make adjustments as necesssary.

Perhaps, for example, I will compensate by using the pen name George W. Bush. Marilyn Manson? Trini Rodriguez? Billie Jean King? Hulk Hogan? Ryan Seacrest? . . .

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home