A one man rant about novel writing, publishing, and other "artistic" pursuits.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

LOOK OUT AMAZON, HERE I COME. . .

I've given up looking up my sales and royalty account at the iUniverse website because, well, why? I've spent zero energy marketing my teaching book (You're a Teacher. . .So Act Like One! Improving Your Stage Presence in the Classroom). Okay, maybe "zero" is too strong a word; recently, I sent a copy to the director of the program in our school district for supporting beginning teachers, the theory being that maybe they might benefit from a book showing them how to be better presenters in class.

To date, no response.

Nevertheless, as I was bored one day right before we were released for Winter Break I decided, just for laughs, to check the sales and royalties account for my book. Christmastime truly is a time for miracles because, miraculously, I discovered that last August I sold three books. How? To Whom? Why? Only God (and iUniverse) know for certain.

All I know is that my account went from saying "No activity shown this period" (since say, oh, the beginning of 2004) to "Royalty Account Balance: $6.51."

Yeah me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home